You asked, we answered! So we have been asked what does a BarreBee eat throughout a busy day? Simple. We fuel up whenever possible, we carry snacks with us at all times, consisting of oranges/apples, nuts/trail mixes and bars. You should always be prepared at all times to reach over and give yourself a little Zing! Energy is key in our busy schedules…. I mean how else do you expect us to always be so chipper?!
So we put together a little format of what our daily Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks consist of.
You’re most IMPORTANT meal of the day! Start your day off with the RIGHT decision of eating something that is full of carb, fat and protein. This is where you start to burn your calories throughout the day, so choose wisely.
Some foods that we enjoy for breakfast are:
- Chia Pudding w/ fruits and toppings (we posted a great recipe a few weeks ago)
- Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast with almond butter and organic raspberry jam
- Cold Oats w/ fruits and toppings
- A protein packed smoothie
- Egg whites (however you like)
- A fruit and protein bar (on days you have to run out of the house)
Keep it fresh, light, and simple. If you are not a huge lunch eater, make sure you at least have some sort of fruit/veggie and a protein.
Some foods we enjoy for lunch are:
- Fresh chopped salad w/ light dressing
- Egg whites/spinach/vegan cheese omelet
- Fresh made vegan mayo Tuna salad/or chicken
- Protein shake with a munch on the side
- Acai bowl (yum!)
This SHOULD be your lightest meal of the day. Although, sometimes it’s hard, and we are guilty, that after a long day all you want to do is indulge on a bigger dinner than normal….It happens. You should end your day off with protein, greens and a little starch if necessary.
Some foods we enjoy for dinner are:
- Spaghetti Squash w/ a protein and more veggies!
- We LOVE salads, especially loaded with tons of veggies, dried cranberries…and a protein of course
- Grilled Chicken/Salmon/Shrimp/ Turkey Burgers and Paleo Meatballs are also among our fav’s
- Zucchini noodles topped with homemade red sauce and a protein
- Black/Soy bean pasta with vegan parmesan and a protein (this will trick any pasta lover for sure!)
Snacking is necessary throughout the day. You should have a little munch about every 2-3 hours if you are active. This will keep your metabolism flowing properly, and you will burn more calories as the day goes on.
Some snacks we enjoy are:
- Nuts (no salt and avoid peanuts)
- Bars (fav’s mentioned here)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Chocolate Coconut ZICO water (post sweat-sesh)
- Almond butter with rice cakes, carrots or celery
- Wine (yes, we drink wine…a nice night time treat with some dark chocolate…delish!)
Obviously this is just a little sampler, we have so many options for what we eat during the day, but we wanted to break it down for you guys to see a clearer picture and maybe help you decide what you should stock your fridge and pantry with!!
Let us know if you have any questions, if you are looking for any recipes, or just want to chat and say Hi! 🙂
What are you waiting for?! Go hit up Whole Foods…Trader Joe’s…or wherever for some tasty healthy foods to incorporate into your daily diet!