So incase you were wondering or haven’t yet figured it out, us BarreBees follow paleo, vegan and GF based diets. One of our favorite things to bake is Paleo Bread. This easy to make, all natural, wheat-free bread is delicious! It’s the perfect solution when you’re craving a carb and the best part is… you don’t have to feel bad about it (YAY!). Goop has a great recipe that you can tweak each time you bake it to cater to your own taste buds. After creating the base (shown below), we’ve added raisins and cinnamon to create cinnamon bread, bananas, and even veggies like zucchini to constantly experiment with flavoring. Some great toppings are almond butter, fresh jam, or fresh turkey. Check out the recipe below and let us know when you give it a try!
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt (you can keep this out)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor and pulse the ingredients together.
- Add in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar and pulse.
- Pour batter into a greased 7.5″ x 3.5″ non-stick loaf pan (or line with parchment paper.)
- Bake at 350° F for about 40 minutes.
- Cool and serve.